From Steel Town to Motown: Part Two



Around 4:00 pm we left Subway and hit 376 West. In my rearview mirror, accompanied by the sound of Bon Jovi on the radio singing "Living on a Prayer," I looked back to the Pittsburgh skyline. With skyscrapers and the yinzer lifestyle behind me I began to think about what a kick ass city Pittsburgh really is and how it may be difficult for me to ever feel such attachment to Detroit. The cats knew we were headed for suburbia but I was in denial. No more $1 Blue Moons at Hemingway's or cheap pitchers and Journey at Squirrel Cage. Three years and the things I will miss most about Pittsburgh are my friends, my job, and the cheap beer. I know this isn't a great post but as I sit in Michigan, drinking wine, watching fireworks, and eating cereal, all I can think of are the smells, the sounds, and the accent of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Comments

Rebecca Lynn said…
I love that you were listening to Livin' on a Prayer! I know you will miss Pittsburgh but we here in Michigan are very happy to have you back!
Stefanie said…
I'm happy to be back with my sassy MI friends. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Lie

El Toro's Guilty Pleasure

Upon Leaving a City and Community You Love