Beer and Gratitude

There is some relief this morning from the scorching heat of the week. Yesterday, the temperature reached close to 100 degrees and sweat was my constant companion.

I usually have Sunday mornings off and try to use it as a time for reflection and writing. When being pulled in multiple directions, due to work or other commitments, it's challenging to find the space to sit with one's ideas.

Last night I met up with a group of friends at a local bar. Most of the group did not know each other as they are friends from different areas of my life, yet they all gelled and got along. Our common thread was personality. Most of us are writers, some are mothers, others are single, some are married, and others are in relationships. As I looked around the table I felt a deep gratitude because I was surrounded by wonderful and creative people.

So much in life depends upon who orbits your world. When orbited by negative or selfish people, it is easy to become frustrated, lonely and jaded. In contrast, upbeat, optimistic and supportive rings of friendship make life enjoyable, inspiring and joyous. I am lucky to have the latter of the two.

This morning, I am grateful for friendships far and near, pear cider, love and the inspiring cosmos of friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grand Lie

El Toro's Guilty Pleasure

Upon Leaving a City and Community You Love