While drying my hair this morning, I felt hopeful for the day to come. The sun was bright, birds were singing outside the window and I had just returned from a family vacation in Northern Michigan. The mere seconds I basked in optimism for the day were thwarted by my own negative thinking. I began to wonder: "Why would I love my life? I have a low-paying job that forces me to not only work full-time during the day but also at night, I'm a few pounds overweight, the apartment is messy, I don't have enough money and I haven't figured a damn thing out yet! What is there to love?" As soon as I caught myself in the downward spiral of negative thinking I re-routed myself back onto the optimism highway. I was feeling inspired, damn it! Most of what I harbored on above is true, but what is wrong is my viewpoint, my own outlook on life. Yes, I have a low-paying job and have to work multiple gigs to make ends meet but I am teaching, a vocation that feels right to...
My first collection of poems, Border Theory , published by Black Coffee Press is now available for purchase! You can purchase my book at: http://www.blackcoffeepress.net/shop/catalog/browse?shop_param= http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Border-Theory/Stefanie-Wielkopolan/e/9780982744048 http://www.amazon.com/Border-Theory-Stefanie-Wielkopolan/dp/0982744048
Do you remeber Paula Cole's song, "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?" I've replaced her cowboys with a craving for cupcakes. Where have all the cupcakes gone? I used to live four blocks away from a cupcake bakery in the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh. On a daily basis I walked by the storefront and was greeted with cupcakes that looked like a piece of art. I am in Metro-Detroit now and can't find any cupcake stores. Help!
Comments