Day 9: Stuck in my Head

  I've been stuck in my head lately and have had trouble snapping out of moods.  Then, a friend recommended a women's writing and tea circle that I attended yesterday.  I'm impatient but I also believe that things happen when they are supposed to.  As I sat in circle with a small group of women, drinking tea, and cutting out lines from famous poems and magazines to make a found poem, I felt like I was where I was meant to be.  Sometimes you need to leave your home to feel like yourself again.

  I wrote pieces I normally wouldn't and created a found poem. I smiled, I met new people, and I slowed down.  You can get addicted to feeling this way, to being creative, to trying something new.  Most of all it was a reminder that I could feel this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All the Cupcakes Gone?

I Don't Want to Write About This

Upon Leaving a City and Community You Love