Signs You Are Turning into Your Dad: Food Photos, 100/100: Day 4

  There are those moments, when you look at something differently than the person next to you.  You recognize that this viewpoint has been with you since childhood.  I remember my dad taking a photo one October of pumpkin seeds in a bowl because it looked pretty.  Then I remember cups of coffee being photographed, and, of course, the yearly Thanksgiving bird, which in my parents' home, is given its own paparazzi treatment. Pictures of the bird resting in the basement, smoking on the grill, being brought into the house.  There are photo albums documenting this tradition, decade after decade. Even during the seven years when I was vegetarian, I still looked at the photos and helped stage the scene.

  I can't help it, I'm like my dad too.  Food, anything if you look closely enough, has its own beauty, its own quirks, its own message. Now, through this writing challenge, I'm trying to look more closely at the day.  Here are a few of my own photos.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Have All the Cupcakes Gone?

I Don't Want to Write About This

Upon Leaving a City and Community You Love